If you are in the process of buying your first home, surely you’ve come across some new terms that you’re unfamiliar with. In AmeriCasa we want to ease your troubles and address your concerns. What’s an FHA loan, let’s get into it.
FHA loans are part of something called the Federal Housing Administration, they have been around since 1934 and are highly recommended for first time home buyers. The objective of the program is to provide qualifying buyers with these advantages.
- A lower down payment on a home
- Lower closing costs
- Having an easier time qualifying for a mortgage
FHA is a very popular program among our clients AmeriCasa, is flexible and have other benefits:
- If this is your first time purchasing a home, this can be what makes it possible to do so. Your initial payment can be as low as 3.5% and is available for two out of every four properties.
- It can also be very helpful for those over 62 years of age. People who have paid off their home entirely or have very little debt to pay off can qualify for an FHA program called a reverse mortgage. A reverse mortgage converts equity (the accumulated value) of a property that one can use right away.
- If you qualify for an FHA loan, you could also bundle it with the installation of a more efficient energy system for your home.
- There are also FHA programmes that exist for mobile homes and new additions to a home. For example, these programs would be very useful if you own a property you’d like to build on, or if you’d like to buy a mobile home in a park that hold these kinds of homes.
Like we’ve mentioned before, there are various programs though the FHA, and are confident in them; feel free to ask us so we can connect you with one of our team members that will guide you through it.